Gathering Feedback: Coordinating Municipal Responses to Enbridge’s Natural Gas DSM Plan for Ontario (2022-27)
A virtual, interactive workshop that is being held with municipalities across Ontario to inform on and coordinate the OEB natural gas DSM submission.
Decreasing natural gas consumption is a key component not only of Ontario’s Made-in-Ontario Environmental Plan but for municipalities in their efforts to reduce emissions.
The Ontario Energy Board is just beginning to hear Enbridge Gas’s 2022-27 Natural Gas Demand Side Management (DSM) plan. These proceedings, which are likely to take the rest of 2021, will set the stage for natural gas use in the province for the next 6 years. Enbridge Gas’s current proposal is to continue funding at previous years’ levels.
Some municipalities have previously identified that they do not have the knowledge and resources to stay informed and engage directly on regulatory proceedings.
Given the importance of this regulatory proceeding, Pollution Probe is working with The Atmospheric Fund (TAF) to enable municipalities to better understand, participate and influence the OEB proceeding and support greater levels of DSM in alignment with their energy/climate goals. At the same time, we want to build municipal capacity to directly participate on energy regulatory issues in the future.
We invite you to be a part of our upcoming virtual, interactive workshop on June 23, 2021, from 10-11:30 (EDT). The aims of this workshop will be to:
- Explain the OEB process and explain how municipalities can participate
- Provide an overview of Enbridge Gas’s 2022-27 DSM plan
- Provide information on next steps in the process, and identify the other participants
- Collate municipal positions, priorities and needs regarding the future of natural gas DSM
- Identify interest and assist in coordinating OEB submissions if desired.
The information we gather in the workshop to inform a report on municipal natural gas DSM that will inform regulatory submissions. Municipalities will be able to submit separately, or in cooperation with Pollution Probe, as desired. Pollution Probe will also be sending out monthly updates on the OEB proceeding.
- Please RSVP for the workshop using the form below (please note: this workshop is only for people associated with a municipality or a municipal organization)
- If you are unable to attend the workshop but would like to be kept updated on the project, please provide us with your details below.
Feel free to share this information with colleagues in your municipality or at other municipalities. And please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.