OTTAWA, ON – Today, Pollution Probe and QUEST launched the Smart Energy Communities Scorecard, a national initiative to develop a standardized approach for evaluating and benchmarking the pathways to Smart Energy Communities in Canada.
The project partners are seeking six pilot communities to participate in the development of the Scorecard. The successful candidates will benefit from participating in the project by:
Receiving a score, evaluating the policies and processes of the community
- Receiving advisory support from the project team to improve the community’s score
- Contributing to a national, standard approach for evaluating Smart Energy Communities in Canada
- Connecting to a national network of communities that have leading energy data collection practices
Smart Energy Communities benefit from improved energy efficiency, enhanced reliability, lower costs, and reduced greenhouse gas emissions by enhancing energy efficiency across an entire community, harnessing local energy opportunities, Integrating conventional energy networks and integrating land use and transportation planning.
The Scorecard will result in:
- Standardized key performance indicators that define the pathways to Smart Energy Communities
- A methodology to evaluate how local governments, utilities, the real estate sector and others are contributing to Smart Energy Communities
- A Scorecard Report and a web-based dashboard, profiling community scores, and a roadmap for action to advance along the pathway to becoming a Smart Energy Community
The deadline to submit an Expression of Interest is November 30.
To learn more about the Scorecard national initiative and the benefits of participating as a pilot community, and to submit an Expression of Interest to participate as a Pilot Community click here or go to www.questcanada.org/scorecard.
About Pollution Probe
Established in 1969, Pollution Probe is a national, non-profit organization that exists to improve the health and wellbeing of Canadians by advancing policy that achieves positive, tangible environmental change. Pollution Probe has a proven track record of working in partnership with industry and government to develop practical solutions to environmental challenges. Follow us: PollutionProbe
QUEST is the leader developing Smart Energy Communities that improve energy efficiency, enhance reliability, cut costs, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. With a national network that includes 8 provincial and regional Caucuses, their related working groups, and a reach of thousands of stakeholders, QUEST is supporting governments, utilities & energy service providers, the real-estate sector, and the product and professional service sector, among others to make Smart Energy Communities come to life. Follow us: QUESTCanada
For additional information:
Sarah Marchionda, Senior Lead, Communities & Services, QUEST
Tel.: 866-494-2770 x 705